Over The Air > Repeaters

Repeater Usage

<< < (2/3) > >>

K0DXC:
Every club meeting we discuss how we are going to use a $10,000 donation made to us to buy 2 repeaters, we still always end up needing $3,000 more whichever way we look at it. Arguments can go on forever!!!!!

:argue:

KC8TCQ:
I monitor the local repeaters, there are 3-4 of them here they get pretty regular use. SOme of the people on them include a Motorola Service Tech, a guy ho owns a radio/antenna installation/service company, two truck drivers that run a regular route from Chicago to Cleveland daily, and some locals who go for a 4-5 mile walk every day and take their HT\'s along for company.

I also monitor them during severe weather, and participate in a few emergency communications nets on VOIP. I am considering putting up either a 220 or a 6m repeater for the heck of it. Also we will be putting one of our local repeaters (housed here at the EOC) onto Echo/IRLP.

I also hang out on 10m SSB and 2m simplex.

WS2L:
I regularly monitor the repeater belonging to the club I am a member of. I also do some simplex work on 2 meters but since my 13B2 is horizontally polarized I usually stick to the repeater.

W3QJ:
I used them some when I first go on the air. Lost interest in them after I got into CW. Sometimes when I travel out of town I\'ll scan around for one to yak on to find out a little about the town I\'m in. I like 2m SSB and mostly CW on the HF bands.

KC8TCQ:
I forgot to mention that when I travel, I\'ll look up the local repeater info and program them into my HT and/or mobile rig. It is kinda fun to talk to new hams in other areas, met some really great people in Raleigh NC over the radio last week.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version