Radio Talk > CW

CW Question

<< < (3/3)

KB3LAZ:
I guess I could do it that way.

For my primary rig I run an IC-7000.
Also have a IC-706MKII, IC-730, FT-920, and FT-100d.
The 7000 has all filters included and the original owner of the 100 informed that it has a cw filter but hes not sure which one it is.

However each one of these rigs have a specific use with a antenna cut to one specific band. Thats kinda why I wanted to get a rig to dedicate to cw.

But for now I guess I could throw up my 80-10m vertical and setup the 7000 for cw use.

K0DXC:
If you have the money, I would suggest a 746PRO. They are falling in price because of the K3, but they are a very great radio. (I used one at my grandpa\'s house and I loved it)

However, BEWARE OF THE USED 746PRO\'S!!! A few years ago they had some problems, something was wrong with the software. I wouldn\'t buy one used that is over a year old.

K0DXC:
If you have the money, I would suggest a 746PRO. They are falling in price because of the K3, but they are a very great radio. (I used one at my grandpa\'s house and I loved it)

However, BEWARE OF THE USED 746PRO\'S!!! A few years ago they had some problems, something was wrong with the software. I wouldn\'t buy one used that is over a year old.

K0DXC:

KB3LAZ:
Ok now that iv decided that Im just going to use my 7000 for cw, I have a new question.

Settings for receive are not to bad to setup, and sending on my practice oscillator is getting better but im a little confused on how to get started sending over the air. There are many settings on the radio like full brake, semi brake, and no brake. There are also pitch settings and other misc settings. So where do I start? And also cw enthusiasts seem to have a lingo all of their own with many codes that iv never heard on voice, is there a list of translations somewhere on the net. And no I dont mean "Q" codes. Oh and if anyone knows of a good book to read that will point me in the right direction that would be great. Sorry if Im making a simple operating mode seem so confusing to me.
Unfortunately my elmer learned code and never used it after so he has no clue what im talking about when i ask him a question. I just want to know exactly what im doing before I get on the air.  

Thank you all

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version