General Forum > Open Chat

140 year old Civil War cannonball kills Virginia man

(1/2) > >>

KI4RVH:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080502/ap_on_re_us/cannonball_death;_ylt=ArZGssZj_6sNgpUeiTcDiums0NUE

KE6SHJ:
Now that had to hurt :(

crazy:
I really think I know where there are stone bunkers from the civil or revolutionary war in Danville Va, the last capital of the Confederacy.  I found them while trespassing, hunting in the city limits.  Now I have a nice White DFX metal detector, and can\'t find them.  I know within 5 acres where they were.   I will look again sometime soon, I am out of work and have more time.  I didnt\' know the cannonballs were that explosive, so that is good to be aware of.  I would love to find the millions in gold that were on the last confederate train.  Or just a nugget.  :186:

K0DXC:
I actually heard about this a few days ago from school (we are learning about the civil war in U.S. History) so it was interesting to see that it made it\'s way to this site.

I feel bad for the guy, I wonder if Robert Lee knew that one of his cannon balls would kill someone 140 years later.

KC4UMO:
Many years ago there was a gun shop in Ayden. The owner and some school kids went out and found some cannon balls that were civil war. They were trying to remove the plug and it exploded killing the owner.

You never know what is going to happen with old stuff like this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version