The CB Forum > How CB radio works

29-LTD signal gen stuff

<< < (2/2)

The Radio Shop:
oh sweet. Cant wait

Lazarus:
ok, this seems to work quite well, the modulation envelope will now stay at 100% at any amplitude level, and you should be able to turn it down to virtually nothing,

but in my case though it seems that my radio (29LTD) doesn't have a very clean signal to work with to begin with, it seems that a phantom 16.xxMhz VCO signal is seeping through at 50mv, even if i turn it all the way down, or even if i completely disconnect the TX buffer from all power its still there at the output of L17, so at first i had to turn the amplitude up to 500mv in order cover up the phantom VCO signal, then i detuned L17 as low as i could get it, now i'm able to get a clean signal down to 100mv, i could go lower if it wasn't for that phantom 16.xxMhz signal bleeding through,

also i had to add 2 100μf caps to the virtual ground divider network, because after removing the DC bias from the circuit my output waveform was distorted, so when i looked at the virtual ground at the mid point of the voltage divider it was swinging above and below mid point, in fact it looked much like the output, i should have included those two caps to begin with, it wasn't an oversight though, i intentionally left them out to make it smaller, and i thought it would work ok without them, and as it was originally it did, but not after the revision,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version