Radio Talk > CW

Contest Vs. Ragchew

(1/3) > >>

K0DXC:
What type of CW operating style do you take into play? Contest, or Ragchew?

I myself enjoy contest style QSO\'s, unless I\'ve QSO\'d with the person before and am simply catching up with them. My QSO\'s (CW and Phone) generally consist of a simple 5NN (or 59), name Cal, QTH MN, 73.

What style of operating do you enjoy?

N2RJ:
Well....

For QRQ I am definitely a contest and DX op. I can\'t keep it up for very long, so small bursts work for contests and DX for me.

But I also enjoy QRS CW QSOs.  

For QRS QSOs I also enjoy using my J-38 straight key.  I enjoyed SKN this year and I think I\'ll do it next year.

K8JD:
I mostly enjoy ragchews.
 There are "sprints", contests that only last a few hours that I have worked, especially the one sponsored by SKCC. A two hour contest I can handle. Not the ones that last all weekend !

WV6Z:
I did a couple of SKCC \'sprints\', but usually enjoyed the rag chew that followed. (I am #2171 BTW). I really don\'t get in to contesting at all. I think the numbers competition is great though for those who get into it and am amazed at the vast number of contacts made (sorry, I can\'t bring myself to calling a contest contact a \'QSO\').

Eh, I guess I will always be a rag chewer, but hey, who knows, one of these days I may go for Centurion and Tribune with SKCC. Stranger stuff has happened.

K0DXC:
I normally enjoy a few ragchews during the week during the evenings on 40 or 80 meters.

Other than that I\'m a contest person.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version