Radio Talk > CW

CW Question

(1/3) > >>

KB3LAZ:
Ok so im new to code, still learning in fact.
My question is this, I need a dedicate CW rig are there any suggestions on what to get. Also I have seen some really cool Keys but not sure which one to start with. Paddle, bug, or straight. Anyone have any insight on my puzzling predicament.

KI4RVH:

--- Quote from: KB3LAZ;15638 ---Ok so im new to code, still learning in fact.
My question is this, I need a dedicate CW rig are there any suggestions on what to get. Also I have seen some really cool Keys but not sure which one to start with. Paddle, bug, or straight. Anyone have any insight on my puzzling predicament.
--- End quote ---

I don\'t know what to tell you about a CW dedicated rig.  I use my Kenwood ts-2000 for CW with a straight key.  I\'m still just getting the hang of it.  I can do 5 to 7 wpm.  Calvin or one of the other guys should be able to tell you a good dedicated CW rig.

Chris

KB3LAZ:
well maybe I should specify I dont need a rig that does cw only.
Im just going to use it for cw only as I already have multiple radios dedicated to ssb.
I was just wondering what rigs are best suited for cw operation.

K0DXC:

--- Quote from: KB3LAZ;15638 ---Ok so im new to code, still learning in fact.
--- End quote ---

Sorry for not posting in here sooner, I\'ve been busy.

As for a good CW rig... anything works. It really depends on your style of CW. If you want to contest a lot or do some DXing I\'d suggest something with good QSK (full break in).

Otherwise you can do good with any rig. I myself simply use a IC-706 (all I have :arf2:) But I will soon sell that to get a new radio (Probably a 746PRO)

Anyways, I would simply pick out a rig that you like and read reviews on eham or other sites. Then if they are good think about buying the rig. If not, pick a new rig.

I\'m always open to questions, send me an email or a PM if you have one.

73, I hope things work out and you find a nice rig.

WA9UAA:
Hi OM,
 Much depends upon what rig you have now. Questions..
What brand and model is your rig?
Does your rig have a cw filter or a place to put one in?
Does it have a built in keyer?
A little more information will help the group help you out.
Rob WA9UAA :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version