Over The Air > Ham Radio Chit Chat

Amateur Radio Repair

<< < (2/3) > >>

K0DXC:

--- Quote from: KB3LAZ;16487 ---I have a very limited knowledge of fixing radios. However if I can help I am more than happy to, only thing I would charge for would be parts.
--- End quote ---

Good point.

Yes, I would charge if I had to pay some expense for parts. However, I would not charge them for using my time. Especially because I bet that you like fixing up radios, Buddy.

KC4UMO:
Great comments from all. Thanks.
Let me throw this in.
Last month 75 percent of the time in the shack was spent working on others radios. 25 percent was working on my on stuff (projects) and chatting on the radio.

The utility bill was 465 bucks last month. Thats 220 dollars more than normal. The bill normally runs 200 to 240. Thats house and shack.

I really have to justify spending another 200 a month to do this. I have been thinking about getting back into computer repair to offset the cost a bit. That I will defiantly charge for.

crazy:
What is pulling all that power Buddy?   I know it has been hot, but man that is extreme!

KC4UMO:
AC for one. It is hot man

crazy:
It is going to be near a hundred today too.  I wish fall would come, I just don\'t see how people can cope with the heat.  Anyone working outside has my condolences and prayers.

:eyepop:

I am inside, but have been working inside as boiler room.  :(

Be careful guys, this heat is nothing to play with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version