The CB Forum > CB Radio Repair Forum

npc mod

(1/2) > >>

smoke blower:
what is a npc mod.i here of techs doing this but not sure how or what is done.they say it makes your radio louder and gives it swing.i thought most galaxy cbs had swing most dead key 1 watt and swing 20 or 30 watts isnt that where the swing comes in when you have a low dead key and swings the rest.anyway if the npc mod helps with the radio sound more powerfull could some one help me with how its done . i would love to crank up my ranger 2980 wx.it dead keys 1 watt and swings 40

hackindave:
The whole name for it is NPC-RC which stands for Negative Peak Conversion-Reduced Carrier. What it does is (as I under stand it) is compresses the negative peaks of your modulation. I had gotten into radios back in the mid 70's and learned a lot from a local tech, then learned more on my own later by experimentation. I even ran a small radio shop out of my house, but a ugly divorce ended that.
Any way I am now getting back into them and unfortunately have never done one of these conversions, but from what I have heard around the net, a lot of people like it. It makes your radio modulate louder without the distortion

smoke blower:
I would like to know how to do this.i heard this was a good mod to do.if anyone could explain how to do this mod i know you change a diode but i dont know which one it would be.i hope someone could help.

hackindave:
There is more to it than just the diode mod. But not much. Try reading this link.
http://www.cbdoctorstudygroup.com/npc-rc-modification-for-3600xxx-board-t36.html
Billy has done a lot with this mod. He admits he is not the one to come up with it, but he has spent time with it.

smoke blower:
Thanks i will look at it and maybe try it on my galaxy 949

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version