Electronics Forum > Equipment Review

Grundig Mandello d/U 1969 Console Radio

(1/3) > >>

su_pyrow:
Hi folks,  Not sure where to post this ?

just picked this Grundig Mandello d/U 1969 Console radio off the side walk, will post pictures when i replace the battery in the camera, anyways the dial cord has snapped, and boy, it is a unusual size of cord.

approx 3feet of 0.010"   steel
approx 3feet of 0.018"   nylon/or some type of fiberglass

i plan on making a few action photos of this repair if i can find any thing close to the right size ( anything that might fit in the rollers)

also having trouble finding schematic for this US export version of the radio.

any ideas?
-Bobby

su_pyrow:
this is the closest i can find, i can work off of it, however it doesn't mention the original cord thickness, used a micrometer to get the measurements I just haven't heard of cord sizes that small before!

ohh and BTW if your looking for a camera DO NOT BUY the polaroid iS326  its a joke.  complete failure on my part to do research before buying.

The Radio Shop:
Very nice find!
Do not think I ever seen one of these before.
I will look in some of my old schematics and see if I can find something close.
Steel dial cord? Wonder if that was a replacement or original.

su_pyrow:
Yea!  when I saw it I had to have it!   yup, went an got my handtruck, wheeled it 8 blocks on messed up brooklyn, newyork sidewalk, and lugged that baby up three flights of stairs and... here it is.

in the enclosed schematic for a different variation, it has a "similar" cord arraignment, in the lower right corner you'll see the word "Stahlseil" which after looking up means "steel rope"  probably how they got it so thin.

from what I can tell, after studying the chassis, this looks COMPLETELY original!

I wish my camera wasn't made out of lemon. I plan too get a new one, or find out what settings im using wrong... however, this isn't my first rodeo, if ya know what i mean.

su_pyrow:
well, here we go!

https://youtu.be/TgFjfgQ2wDQ

stop by if you wish, i mention you in the main video

Bobby

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version