Author Topic: ISDS220A 2 IN 1 Virtual PC USB virtual Digital oscilloscop+Spectrum analyzers  (Read 12637 times)

Offline RJ

• View Profile
Need some thoughts on this unit please.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141102674263?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&rmvSB=true

Digital oscilloscope
* Channels: 2
* Impedance: 1MΩ 25pF
* Coupling: AC/DC
* Vertical resolution: 8Bit
* Gain range:
-16V ~ 16V (probe X1)
-160V ~ 160V (probe X10)
* Vertical accuracy: ±3%
* Time base range: 1ns-20s
* Input Protection: Diode,50Vpk
* Auto set: Yes(10Hz to 60MHz)
* Trigger Mode: Auto, Normal and Signal
* Trigger Type: No, Rising edge, Falling edge, Rising edge or Falling edge
* Trigger level: Yes
* Trigger Source: CH1, CH2
* Buffer Size: 512KB/CH
* Bandwidth: 60MHz
* Max sample: 200MS/s
* Vertical mode: CH1, CH2, ADD, SUB, MUL
* Display Mode: X, Y-T and X-Y
* Measurements: Yes
* Wave save: Osc(Private), Excel and Bmp

Spectrum analyzers
* Channels: 2
* Bandwidth: 60MHz
* Algorithm: FFT(18 windows), correlation, power spectrum
* FFT points: 8-1048576/CHN
* FFT measure: Harmonic(1-7), SNR, SINAD, ENOB, THD, SFDR
* Filter processing:
FIR filter supports arbitrary range of frequency sampling method, and Rectangle, bartlett, triangular, cosine, hanning, bartlett_hanning, hamming, blackman, blackman_Harris, tukey, Nuttall, FlatTop, Bohman, Parzen, Lanczos, kaiser, gaussand dolph_chebyshev, window method design.
IIR filter support "Butterworth", "Chebyshev I", Chebyshev II, "Elliptic" type of filter design

Data recorder(Only ISD220A):* Channel: 2* Impedance: 1MΩ 25pF
* Coupling: AC/DC
* Vertical resolution:8Bit
* Gain range:
-6V- +6V(probe X1)
-60V- +60V(probe X10)
* Sample:
1 channel : 1K-24M Hz
2 channel : 1K-16M Hz
* Save File: Maximum 4G, recording time associated with the sampling rate

System: WinXP(SP3), Win7(32/64)

Offline The Radio Shop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I hear so many pros and cons over these. Some like them some do not. I have never used one so hard for me to say. But I think there was a review on EEVBlog if I can find it.
Buddy kc4umo

Offline RJ

• View Profile
I asked over there couple days ago with no replies. I will check more of his video's to see if I can locate one.

Main question is will it work for CB repair. 60 MHz covers it but what about all the other specs?

Thanks Buddy.

Offline Paul M0BSW

• View Profile
Buddy I' ll let you know after Christmas, as my daughter has bought me one,I've only heard good things about them  from someone in the club I'm a member of, they do have limitations and can't be compared to the proper S/A that sits here.
Paul

Offline RJ

• View Profile
Buddy I' ll let you know after Christmas, as my daughter has bought me one,I've only heard good things about them  from someone in the club I'm a member of, they do have limitations and can't be compared to the proper S/A that sits here.
Paul

That is great news Paul, I can not find anyone that has got one of these and done a review on it.  Thanks for letting us know you got one on the way.

Offline RobertoLG

• View Profile
sorry for hijacking Buddy, but I need to ask you something, I need to replace some styroflex capacitors, and need to know what type of capacitor would be a good substitute. oh, forgot to mention, it's an old audio amplifier.

thanks

Offline The Radio Shop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
sorry for hijacking Buddy, but I need to ask you something, I need to replace some styroflex capacitors, and need to know what type of capacitor would be a good substitute. oh, forgot to mention, it's an old audio amplifier.

thanks

Since it is an audio device then I would use Polystyrene capacitors. Not knowing the values I bet that Just Radio will have them in stock.
http://www.justradios.com/
Buddy kc4umo

Offline RobertoLG

• View Profile

thanks

Since it is an audio device then I would use Polystyrene capacitors. Not knowing the values I bet that Just Radio will have them in stock.

they probably have, but I need to get stuff local, and Polystyrene are styroflex capacitors, that`s why I'm trying to find a type that can replace them, I'm going to recap this amplifier totaly.

but thanks anyway

Offline The Radio Shop

• Administrator
    • View Profile

thanks

they probably have, but I need to get stuff local, and Polystyrene are styroflex capacitors, that`s why I'm trying to find a type that can replace them, I'm going to recap this amplifier totaly.

but thanks anyway
When you say local? Where are you? Finding these local may be a bit of a problem.  I cannot think of any one that sales Styroflex caps.
Buddy kc4umo

Offline RobertoLG

• View Profile

thanks

but thanks anyway
When you say local? Where are you? Finding these local may be a bit of a problem.  I cannot think of any one that sales Styroflex caps.

I'm from Brazil Buddy, remember? the same guy from youtube, I need to find another type of capacitor that can replace them.

Offline k7rmj

• View Profile
Greetings Roberto,
What values of styroflex capacitors are you looking for?

73 DE K7RMJ  Frank

Offline Paul M0BSW

• View Profile
Hi Buddy a review on the instrustar, not that good , will never replace the real thing, actually your better off using the FFT on the DSO

Offline The Radio Shop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi Buddy a review on the instrustar, not that good , will never replace the real thing, actually your better off using the FFT on the DSO

Thanks for that information Paul. You are most likely correct. Hard to beat the real thing.
Buddy kc4umo