Electronics Forum > Electronic Video Blog

#90 1965 Fender Deluxe Restoration Tips And Comments Part 2

(1/2) > >>

The Radio Shop:
#90 1965 Fender Deluxe Restoration Tips And Comments Part 2

The owner has gave the green light to begin the restoration process on this classic 1965 Fender Black Face Deluxe amplifier.  So in this video we look at a few issues that can cause noise problems.

km4gig:
I'm going to be building a Fender Champ clone soon. No I don't play, I've just always wanted to build a tube amp.

RJ:
Nicely done Buddy!

helste:
So glad I found your video on youtube. Will watch it again and also the other videos on that topic.

I have an old Pro Reverb AA165 from my father in law and that makes a horrible sound when turned on. It was not in use for ages and I think I have to replace all the capacitors. Just have to get all of them.
It must be an older version of the amp from somewhere between 1965 and 1967. Serial number is A00252.
As I am not an expert on that topic, I hope to find some help in here.

Best regards from Austria

The Radio Shop:

--- Quote from: helste on October 29, 2017, 05:38:10 AM ---So glad I found your video on youtube. Will watch it again and also the other videos on that topic.

I have an old Pro Reverb AA165 from my father in law and that makes a horrible sound when turned on. It was not in use for ages and I think I have to replace all the capacitors. Just have to get all of them.
It must be an older version of the amp from somewhere between 1965 and 1967. Serial number is A00252.
As I am not an expert on that topic, I hope to find some help in here.

Best regards from Austria

--- End quote ---

That pro is a nice amp.  First thing to do is get rid of that death capacitor and upgrade to a 3 wire power cord. Then start with the main filter caps. Also check that rectifier tube.  That will get her going in the right direction. We are here to help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version