The CB Forum > Question and Answers

President radio and speaker I bought.

(1/2) > >>

sonoma:
I just bought a old non working President Washington and speaker that I have never seen this speaker before.  had to buy this just for the speaker. I have 3 of the radios I rebuilt a couple years ago so will have 4 after this one is repaired. has any one ever seen this speaker? I know I have never seen this one before. very interesting

http://www.ebay.com/itm/President-AM-SSB-Washington-Transceiver-Radio-Bay-Station-Type-40-Channel/162661590062?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

The Radio Shop:
Nice score. You have picked up a speaker I have never seen before. Better hang on to that one.  BTW, great to see you.

sonoma:
it shows to be out for delivery today. I want to see what speaker is in that box. I have never seen this speaker either. will see if it has a big oval speaker in it when it gets here. looks like it could handle a 4x6 or 4x9 speaker. I have 3 of these radios that I rebuilt a couple years ago and put the controlled carrier mod in 2 of them that Laz had designed. . that mod really made them swing nice and clean but was a job installing it. that is why I only did 2 out of the 3.

The Radio Shop:
Cool deal. Please post pictures of the details. Good score!

sonoma:
well I opened the radio and it does not look like it has ever been touched. it was dead at 1st  as the seller said. I blew out some of the dust and cleaned the controls and the radio started to respond. it needs to be recapped before I do any more.
the speaker box does have a nice oval speaker in it and sounds good. it has about a 20 oz magnet on it. plugged it in to a good radio and it sounds very good. nice clear and crisp audio out of it.
after I recap it I will let you know how it does. I am not in a hurry for it. did get a ranger TR696FD1 mobile working. paid 50.00 for it with free shipping and it works good now. just had some dirty controls and the radio works good. so many let a radio sett for a long time then sell it cheap because it does not work and controls are all that is wrong with the most of them I buy here lately.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version