Author Topic: Instrustar scope /SA  (Read 4446 times)

Offline Paul M0BSW

• View Profile
Instrustar scope /SA
« on: November 24, 2018, 04:57:41 PM »
It was a fair while back Buddy, you asked me to give a report ,on this pc based box, Well the scope or spectrum analyser makers have nothing to worry about. I tried the scope  disappointing , then I tried the S/A it does put a kind of wave form up on the pc screen and I'll leave it there. One useful thing it did do was, make me get on and build Hans Summers Spectrum Analyser, not a massive band width, mine goes from  a few Hz to  around 146MHz, which actually covers everything I need, and it is a proper S/A..
Paul  de M0BSW
Hope you &yours are keeping  Well

Offline The Radio Shop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Instrustar scope /SA
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 07:38:44 PM »
It was a fair while back Buddy, you asked me to give a report ,on this pc based box, Well the scope or spectrum analyser makers have nothing to worry about. I tried the scope  disappointing , then I tried the S/A it does put a kind of wave form up on the pc screen and I'll leave it there. One useful thing it did do was, make me get on and build Hans Summers Spectrum Analyser, not a massive band width, mine goes from  a few Hz to  around 146MHz, which actually covers everything I need, and it is a proper S/A..
Paul  de M0BSW
Hope you &yours are keeping  Well

Sorry I missed this Paul.
So darn busy here. Well that is disappointing to hear. Was hoping for a better report on it.

But now you built something that is much better and bet you had some fun with the build. Great to hear that :)

Doing pretty good here. Thanks
Hope you are doing well.

Buddy
Buddy kc4umo