Author Topic: Hello from Alabama  (Read 5620 times)

Offline W4OS-Ron

• View Profile
Hello from Alabama
« on: November 07, 2019, 06:06:23 PM »
Hello everyone. Got my Novice license in fall of 1977. Call Sign WD4OSE.  Took the Tech Plus test in the Spring of 1978 at the Columbus, GA Hamfest. (It was given by the FCC back then.) In the Fall of 1978 I took the 13 WPM test at the Federal Courthouse in Montgomery,  AL. Was given by a lady from the FCC. Passed and got my General. My first HF Rig was a Henry Tempo one. Was very involved in Amateur Radio till 1981 when my first child was born. Lost interest in the hobby but did not let my license lapse. Got back in the hobby in 2004 when I retired. In the summer of 2008 I took the Extra Test and applied for the Vanity Call W4OS and was lucky enough to get it. Have worked a lot of DX and chased a lot of paper. Still love to rag-chew.

About a year ago the AM Bug bit me and have been trying to remember what I was taught years ago and learn as much as I can.  I have built the Bob Heil Pine Board Transmitter and tried to rebuild a Heathkit DX-60 transmitter. Found the ceramic band switch was badly broken.

A couple months back. I found a Yaesu FT-101E at a flea-market.  Have been watching Buddy's videos on repairing and rebuilding the FT-101. Today I found The Electronics Universe.

Offline KE4EST

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Alabama
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 08:49:29 PM »
Welcome to the forum!!
Would love to see pics of the stuff you mentioned above.
Michael, KE4EST
Michael, KE4EST

Offline The Radio Shop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Alabama
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 09:58:21 AM »
Welcome. Thanks for sharing and please keep us updated on the process.
I have been planning a video lesson on the pine board project but trying to get all the  stuff sorted out. And time.
You will love that 101 once it is done.

Buddy
Buddy kc4umo