Author Topic: Newbie Notification  (Read 5341 times)

Offline Lacera

• View Profile
Newbie Notification
« on: January 30, 2020, 05:23:11 AM »
**NEWB ALERT** Yes yes I AM one of THOSE. Wide eyed, filled with wonderlust and eager to know-it-all. Possibly, the wave of the future but probably your worst nightmare. I am eager though. Have run the wheels off my walker twice now just to be at the forefront of the cutting edge. Viva le final frontier. To go where no one has gone before, or at least no one in their right mind.

A little about me and it will be very little as I dont want to spoil the fun. Like most people my age, I am an antique. So are most of my radios. And my cat but he is deceased, poor guy. I am a amatuer, a radio operator and an extra class but not necessarily in that order. You can find my puny R9 Cushcraft vertical in Dandridge, TN blasting out " CQ K4LCY QSO" whenever the radio is on and I am of mind and/or mental lucidity, whichever is first.

It is by mere hapchance and a need for change from the 'Mr Carlson's 'beautiful day in the neighborhood' braindrill that I discovered the Radio Shop and the delightful Mr. Buddy. He is so 'Southern" ya know! So gathering up my need to pester someone, I got here. And here is where I will park my Lazyboy, my bowl of caramel coated pop corn, (aka Cracker Jacks) and watch the goings on. So without further ado, on with the show. I do hope the sound system works. I need the amplification. Copy that?

Offline The Radio Shop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Notification
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 03:54:55 PM »
Welcome to the forum.
Thanks for the intro. Sounds like you been around the block quite a bit.  I always love hearing others story.
So thanks for sharing that.

The forum has a lot of members, but slow to post.  Seems no one wants to engage is good electronic talks and rag chew on the forums anymore.  A bit different from the big forums where they start shouting " get off my lawn" lol.
Anyway I am trying to get this place back up and running so sit back and have fun.

Great meeting you.

Buddy
Buddy kc4umo

Offline Lacera

• View Profile
Re: Newbie Notification
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 05:54:46 PM »
Very nice to here from you, Mr. Buddy. Me thinks this might be my new adopted home with all the glowing tubes, crackle of RFI and the 'DANGER! High Voltage! warning stickers. <Wiffs a faint trace of ozone> Makes this girl kinda.. well... excited!

You seem to have quite a following that is enthralled with your unique brand of electronic wizardry so I decided to join in the fireworks. Hopefully without any serious surprises. I am in the process of watching all of your videos and can well understand their enthusiasm. Your ability to convey your mechanical and electronical 'savy' in a delightful 'southern' drawl makes for interesting 'how-to' videos.

Anyway, I am glad I stumbled on this site. From the looks of it, there is a plethora of information that begs investigation and I for one, plan to investigate. I look forward to watching it's popularity grow again. It has hugh potential. I have so much I need to learn understand about my vintage equipment. I will be here for a while.