Author Topic: heath v-7A vtvm repair  (Read 5163 times)

Offline kinkydoints

• KN4SNM
    • View Profile
heath v-7A vtvm repair
« on: December 02, 2017, 11:56:55 AM »
Just got a "working" V-7a and found a few things inside that may need to be addressed . the bulb that is mounted on the top , the trace has separated almost to the point of the bulb socket coming off. can I use that CW25 epoxy to secure this before it breaks free? in the pic I have put a small sheet of paper to show the depth of the separation . does this cw25 need to be clamped until the cure time is up?
KN4SNM

Offline The Radio Shop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: heath v-7A vtvm repair
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 12:38:05 PM »
Hi,
Yes that should work as a under bond with no problem. Try and clean the board good, apply the cw25 and tape the trace down. Use a heat lamp to cure the epoxy and should be good to go. I did a video on this a while back.
Buddy kc4umo

Offline kinkydoints

• KN4SNM
    • View Profile
Re: heath v-7A vtvm repair
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 12:47:57 PM »
seen some body put up an old pace video on same subject was also good for ideas on DIY fixes. Ya Im going into hibernation mode for the winter and need some things to keep me busy. this meter was a 27.00$ find on ebay ,so not bad. looking to change filter cap and the rectifier cap as well . all look original. but I have not powered it up as is yet . just a good cleaning and inspection to this point. came with the build guide as well, seen there was a mod for the grounding...
KN4SNM

Offline datingdiz

• View Profile
Outstanding Сasual Dating - Actual Girls
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2024, 12:46:36 PM »
Connect casually with like-minded individuals on the ultimate dating platform.
Live Women
Prime Сasual Dating