Author Topic: True story, priceless!  (Read 5745 times)

Offline crazy

• VIP MEMBER
    • View Profile
    • http://
True story, priceless!
« on: March 10, 2008, 10:27:10 PM »
This is supposed to be a true story:

While stationed at Barksdale Air Force Base Louisiana I was tasked with the assignment of locating an area that we could use for an "Air Base Mass Casualty Exercise".

I needed to find a wide open field where we could simulate an aircraft crash with simulated casualties. To make the exercise more realistic we wanted an area further out into the country near one of the smaller towns. The local community would be involved to what ever extent that they could provide assistance. This was primarily a military exercise, so we would be providing the bulk of the support equipment and personnel.

My commander assigned a junior officer to accompany me while I searched for the appropriate location. The junior officer was from the medical squadron and wasn\'t the brightest of individuals. But I soon found someone more dim the he was.

We traveled south of the base for a while until we reached a town called Natchitoches (pronounced Nak - a - dish), Louisiana. This officer I was with spent the next ten minutes trying to pronounce the name correctly.

It was almost lunch time so I pulled into one of the local fast food establishments. The officer was on the verge of totally embarrassing me with his lame attempts at saying Natchitoches. That is until he stepped up to the counter to order. The officer asked the cashier ... "How do you pronounce this place"?

Without skipping a beat, she leaned over the counter and slowly but loudly said...

"McDonalds"
Peace will not be found at a MidEast table. Peace began at a MidEast STABLE, but everyone seems to deny it.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
Believing in  evolution is like expecting a tornado to go through a junkyard and create a Mercedes Benz on its way out!
If you don\'t stand behind our US troops, then please feel free to stand in front of them. Yea, that\'s what I thought..........