Author Topic: Too many things loading on startup  (Read 6915 times)

Offline crazy

• VIP MEMBER
    • View Profile
    • http://
Too many things loading on startup
« on: February 21, 2008, 06:52:21 PM »
How can I change how many programs load on start up?  I know how to go to ms-config and make changes, but then I have to use selective startup.
Surely there is a simple way to select what I wish to load.  If anyone can give me some detailed help, I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks!  crazy
Peace will not be found at a MidEast table. Peace began at a MidEast STABLE, but everyone seems to deny it.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
Believing in  evolution is like expecting a tornado to go through a junkyard and create a Mercedes Benz on its way out!
If you don\'t stand behind our US troops, then please feel free to stand in front of them. Yea, that\'s what I thought..........

Offline KF4FMT

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 04:56:50 AM »
Quote from: crazy;15255
How can I change how many programs load on start up?  I know how to go to ms-config and make changes, but then I have to use selective startup.
Surely there is a simple way to select what I wish to load.  If anyone can give me some detailed help, I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks!  crazy

Got this from my computer. Hope it helps.

To specify the default operating system for startup
Open System in Control Panel.
On the Advanced tab, under Startup and Recovery, click Settings.
Under System startup, in the Default operating system list, click the operating system you want to start when you turn on or restart your computer.
Select the Display list of operating systems for check box, and then type the number of seconds you want the list displayed before the default operating system starts automatically.
 Notes

To open System, click Start, click Control Panel, click Performance and Maintenance, and then click System.
To manually edit the boot options file, click Edit. Microsoft strongly recommends that you do not modify the boot options file (boot.ini). Doing so may render your computer unusable.
Proverbs 4:1  "HEAR, ye children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know understanding."  KJV

Offline crazy

• VIP MEMBER
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 03:07:31 PM »
Thanks for the help. That is a new way for me of changing things.
Peace will not be found at a MidEast table. Peace began at a MidEast STABLE, but everyone seems to deny it.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
Believing in  evolution is like expecting a tornado to go through a junkyard and create a Mercedes Benz on its way out!
If you don\'t stand behind our US troops, then please feel free to stand in front of them. Yea, that\'s what I thought..........