Author Topic: Mom and Dad  (Read 34814 times)

Offline KI4RVH

• View Profile
Mom and Dad
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2008, 06:40:05 PM »
Quote from: KB3LAZ;16110
What I was referring to was a statement about destroying abominations, which basically means kill. Not that it matters as my words will never sway any of you, but i do not wish to. For the same reason i dont hate gays. It would be a boring world if everyone was exactly the same.
As for me reading the bible I have for a long time, as well as other religious and secular writings, However not all are Christan.  Maybe I fail to agree with you all because Im not a Christan.  I just didnt think that Christians were suppose to hold malice in their harts.

I don\'t know about everyone else, but I don\'t hate gays.  I don\'t hate adulterers either.  I don\'t hate anybody.  The Bible says not to hate.  Its a matter of what God considers right or wrong.  God has put all the rules in place for a reason.  Some we know why and others we don\'t.  Following the rules keeps you out of trouble.  Parents set rules for us when we are young.  Sometimes we don\'t understand why when we are young but when we get older it becomes evident why.  The Bible says love thy neighbor.  

Chris

Offline KI4RVH

• View Profile
Mom and Dad
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2008, 06:57:14 PM »
Quote from: crazy;16114
I\'m with ya on that one.  The men anyway,  but that makes me a hypocrit, because I was born a lesbian.  

You crazy Hypocrite you!! :-)

Chris

Offline crazy

• VIP MEMBER
    • View Profile
    • http://
Mom and Dad
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2008, 07:24:54 PM »
Quote from: KI4RVH;16117
You crazy Hypocrite you!! :-)

Chris

Guilty as charged, send me to an Island full of women.  :arf2:
Peace will not be found at a MidEast table. Peace began at a MidEast STABLE, but everyone seems to deny it.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
Believing in  evolution is like expecting a tornado to go through a junkyard and create a Mercedes Benz on its way out!
If you don\'t stand behind our US troops, then please feel free to stand in front of them. Yea, that\'s what I thought..........

Offline KB3LAZ

• View Profile
Mom and Dad
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2008, 07:56:53 PM »
Quote from: KI4RVH;16116
I don\'t know about everyone else, but I don\'t hate gays.  I don\'t hate adulterers either.  I don\'t hate anybody.  The Bible says not to hate.  Its a matter of what God considers right or wrong.  God has put all the rules in place for a reason.  Some we know why and others we don\'t.  Following the rules keeps you out of trouble.  Parents set rules for us when we are young.  Sometimes we don\'t understand why when we are young but when we get older it becomes evident why.  The Bible says love thy neighbor.  

Chris

Thats good, Im glad to hear you dont hate anyone.
As for rules set by a god thats your perspective (and I respect that).
However I live my life by personal morals and human laws.
I guess its a focus on abstractions rather than spirits, but the same end result.
73 de kb3laz

Offline KI4RVH

• View Profile
Mom and Dad
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2008, 09:26:50 PM »
Quote from: KB3LAZ;16119
I guess its a focus on abstractions rather than spirits, but the same end result.

I appreciate your respect.  I respect your right to believe as you like. The only thing about personal morals is that they can be anything someone wants them to be.  Someone could say they think its morally ok to steal.  Human law changes at the whim of politicians.  Gods law is constant and doesn\'t change.

Chris

Offline KI4RVH

• View Profile
Mom and Dad
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2008, 09:26:32 PM »
Quote from: KB3LAZ;16119

I appreciate your respect.  I respect your right to believe as you like. The only thing about personal morals is that they can be anything someone wants them to be.  Someone could say they think its morally ok to steal.  Human law changes at the whim of politicians.  Gods law is constant and doesn\'t change.

Chris

Offline crazy

• VIP MEMBER
    • View Profile
    • http://
Mom and Dad
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2008, 11:43:22 PM »
Quote from: KI4RVH;16120

Chris

Amen to that.  God is definitely constant.
Peace will not be found at a MidEast table. Peace began at a MidEast STABLE, but everyone seems to deny it.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
Believing in  evolution is like expecting a tornado to go through a junkyard and create a Mercedes Benz on its way out!
If you don\'t stand behind our US troops, then please feel free to stand in front of them. Yea, that\'s what I thought..........

Offline WV6Z

• View Profile
Mom and Dad
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2008, 05:55:39 AM »
And he is always there right up until the bitter end, right when you realize it\'s all about to be over and you realize what a complete douche bag you have been.

One of the oddest and saddest things I have noticed over the past nearly half of a century is that unless completely incapacitated, all atheists and agnostics call on God as the last second or two of thier life ticks by.

Funny? Not really. True? 100%
Regards,
Tom ~ WV6Z

Offline KE6SHJ

• View Profile
    • http://amateurradiodiscussion.tk/
Mom and Dad
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2008, 10:20:35 AM »
Quote from: crazy;16114
I\'m with ya on that one.  The men anyway,  but that makes me a hypocrit, because I was born a lesbian.  :tongue-vi:

I\'m glad the ultimate decision is not up to me, really.  Because I would be HARSH.   The world might be boring, but it would be nice, with very orderly Husband/Wife/Children relationships.  I guess that is a dream though.

Nothing hypocritical about that. Some lesbians are actually really hot, but guys? Thats just not right at all. Leave it as it may be but lesbians I have no problem with, the hot ones anyways, but as long as they keep their preferences in the closet per say, and out of public view, then so be it.

On a lighter note, gas prices are at 4.39/gal here for regular. Good thing Im boycotting the oil/gas people.
Let them say, I lived in the time of Hector, tamer of horses.

Let them say, I lived in the time of Achilles.  :sterb029:

http://amateurradiodiscussion.tk/

Offline MAC40

• View Profile
Mom and Dad
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2008, 08:20:20 PM »
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

19  For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

20  Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

21  For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Offline K0DXC

• View Profile
    • http://www.qrz.com/callsign/k0dxc
Mom and Dad
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2008, 11:33:08 AM »
Quote from: KB3LAZ;16104
I curious are any of you soldiers of God?
Will any of you destroy (kill) these abominations?

No, we would not kill.

The bible tells us that we shall not kill others. (shall not murder) that is a sin and it is against the 10 commandments given to Moses by God. God is the one who will judge us when we die, it is up to God to decide whether we are guilty or not. If we were to kill someone (regardless of the fact they are a sinner or not) then we would be sinning ourselves AND breaking one of Gods 10 commandments.
Cal, K0DXC

Offline KB3LAZ

• View Profile
Mom and Dad
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2008, 12:08:50 AM »
Quote from: KI4RVH;16121

Chris

True but you dont have to worry my morals should coincide to your beliefs.
Dont hurt, kill steal, so on and so forth.
Unfortunately not everyone in this world thinks that way.  
And laws do change and not always for the better.
You draw quite a few good points.
73 de kb3laz

Offline KB3LAZ

• View Profile
Mom and Dad
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2008, 12:14:52 AM »
Quote from: K0DXC;16128
No, we would not kill.

The bible tells us that we shall not kill others. (shall not murder) that is a sin and it is against the 10 commandments given to Moses by God. God is the one who will judge us when we die, it is up to God to decide whether we are guilty or not. If we were to kill someone (regardless of the fact they are a sinner or not) then we would be sinning ourselves AND breaking one of Gods 10 commandments.

So true cal, however there have been many through out the history of time that think they are exempt from this. So unfortunately this is not the case with all people of the Christian faith, or any other faith for that mater. There are bad apples in every bunch, im glad to here there are none here.
73 de kb3laz

Offline MAC40

• View Profile
Mom and Dad
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2008, 09:17:34 PM »
26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.
    28Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. 29They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32Although they know God\'s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.