Author Topic: Not so Happy Wife  (Read 7605 times)

Offline KI4RVH

• View Profile
Not so Happy Wife
« on: July 18, 2008, 10:27:21 PM »
Read this for a good laugh.  Hope the ham in question is not anyone we know.  Actually her leaving might be a blessing for the poor guy!

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112747

Chris

Offline KB3LAZ

• View Profile
Not so Happy Wife
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 03:00:30 AM »
Wow, what a mean lady! If my girlfriend were like that I would have left her a long time ago. I do love ham radio, but I love my girlfriend more. I dont think that the guy she was married to knew how to manage his priorities so it led to his wife drawing this conclusion about all hams. Maybe they were just not meant to be.
73 de kb3laz

Offline WV6Z

• View Profile
Not so Happy Wife
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 12:45:56 PM »
My guess is it\'s a humorous troll or pure :bsmeter: but either way it\'s pretty dang funny. My wife, a licensed amateur that never gets on the air anymore, is thankful that I have a passtime that not only performs a useful public service in times of natural and national disasters, but keeps me off of the street (usually out of the pub) and out of trouble.
Regards,
Tom ~ WV6Z

Offline crazy

• VIP MEMBER
    • View Profile
    • http://
Not so Happy Wife
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 01:25:34 PM »
I would say that he uses this hobby to get away from her.  Now he will have more time to concentrate, and less headache from putting up with her.
Peace will not be found at a MidEast table. Peace began at a MidEast STABLE, but everyone seems to deny it.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
Believing in  evolution is like expecting a tornado to go through a junkyard and create a Mercedes Benz on its way out!
If you don\'t stand behind our US troops, then please feel free to stand in front of them. Yea, that\'s what I thought..........