Author Topic: Painting disaster!  (Read 4771 times)

Offline crazy

• VIP MEMBER
    • View Profile
    • http://
Painting disaster!
« on: June 18, 2010, 01:51:27 PM »
I am finally getting around to painting my HD.    Stripped it all the way down, sealed it twice, primed it twice, basecoated it black twice.  So far, so good.   Using House of Kolor Royal Blue Flake with a DBC500 blending agent made by PPG.  

The problem is that the guy painted the blue flake too thick.  It should have had 1 medium coat, then clear.   He put about 4 coats of the flake, and it is so thick that it feels like asphalt!  It is that rough.    A paint distributor just called me and said that I have one chance left.   3 coats of clear, sand it, then 2 more coats of clear.    I was about to give up, til I just got the call while I was typing this.   Wish me luck guys,   I still have a chance!

Crazy
Peace will not be found at a MidEast table. Peace began at a MidEast STABLE, but everyone seems to deny it.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
Believing in  evolution is like expecting a tornado to go through a junkyard and create a Mercedes Benz on its way out!
If you don\'t stand behind our US troops, then please feel free to stand in front of them. Yea, that\'s what I thought..........