Author Topic: connex 3300 sort of low squeel/feedback in tx  (Read 5216 times)

Offline KK4MSA

• View Profile
connex 3300 sort of low squeel/feedback in tx
« on: November 18, 2016, 12:48:03 AM »
got a 3300 here, works, but when tx it has a low squeal or feedback sound in there, not over bearing just in there in and out. i remember reading something about this years ago, but i can not find it anywhere online, any thoughts Buddy? or anyone/

Offline The Radio Shop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: connex 3300 sort of low squeel/feedback in tx
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 07:44:43 AM »
This happens sometimes when folks remove parts to try and get more modulation and power out of the radio. Or could be a bad capacitor in the audio stage. If the radio is over 10 years old a recap would be a possible solution.
Buddy kc4umo

Offline KK4MSA

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 08:54:12 AM »
i put the shunt back in, it was clipped, and after a few hours of looking i found the bad one, c199 over by IC4, 330uf leaked everywhere. 330uf measured 48uf on the lcr meter.... sigh, there are a couple 1uf's that were over 2uf so i replaced those also. i dont normally do cbs, but with hunting season, everyone wants me to take a gander at them lol, this poor radio must have been on a 4 wheeler, just all beat up. did what i could, but like i told the guy, if you let it ride in the floorboard, not much is going to prevent something else from happening.

Offline The Radio Shop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 06:52:48 PM »
Good deal.
Yep those caps fail terrible in those radios. Always a problem. Glad you got it going for him. Take it as a good learning tool.
Buddy kc4umo