Author Topic: Troubleshooting  (Read 5550 times)

Offline ka9wlu

• View Profile
Troubleshooting
« on: December 12, 2016, 10:59:25 AM »
Hey all,
I'm wanting to open up my own radio shop, but lack troubleshooting and need help with what to do.  Here is my number if anyone wants to help me get started.  It is 765-376-3718 cell. I do have an old Hickok scope.
Thanks
Chris KA9WLU

Offline Jim M

• View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 11:56:47 AM »
Chris, if you going to open up a Brick and Mortar store there is a lot to consider, depending on the state/county where you live you may need a business license, tax ID, etc.
Then you will need a business plan, people, inventory, etc.
I'm not trying deter you but unless you have a very good tech and are in a prime location it's going to be tough.
Good luck with you adventure

Offline RJ

• View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 06:16:30 PM »
I agree with Jim on this one. I've had my shop going where I'm located now for 21 years and my tech passed away leaving me in a mess. One just never knows when its your time to go!  Anyway there is a lot more to this game then just opening up a shop and making it happen. There is no way someone can just call you to explain how to work on radio's. This is something you will have to work and study on for a long time to make it happen.  Way to many hack shops out there as it is. Its best to earn trust from folks knowing you know what your doing. If you have the funds to hire a good tech and learn from him would be a great way to get started.