Author Topic: Hi from Oklahoma City  (Read 5915 times)

Offline me1900

• View Profile
Hi from Oklahoma City
« on: December 14, 2016, 11:22:13 PM »
I wanted to say howdy and thank Radio Tech (The Radio Shop YT) for these forums. I am always looking for nice people and good techie stuff to read up on. I found this at The Radio Shop YT Video about his Christmas present from Mike. Nice piece of equipment! I hope he can get a replacement display for that HT100.

I am a shortwave listener only and used to be a licensed amateur. Shortwave listening is about the only thing left in radio I enjoy next to trunked public service system monitoring (local law enforcement, fire, mutual aid). I also like to get inside a radio tour and try to find schematics to see how my radio works.

The only equipment I have is a RadioShack 20-0629 (DX402 little brother, Sangean ATS505 look alike). 3 RTL-SDR (R820T) dongles and 1 Ham It Up HF convertor. Nothing fancy but it works and all that matters.

I mainly look at YouTube videos in the radio repair, radio kit, and odds and ends.

I live in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA.

I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

:)

Offline The Radio Shop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Hi from Oklahoma City
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 05:06:56 AM »
Welcome to the forum. For many years  growing up SWL  is how I got into radio and repair/
As you have show it does not take a lot of stuff to get into the hobby. Sometimes the simple stuff is best.
Thanks for sharing and look forward to many post.
Buddy kc4umo