Author Topic: EICO 324- BNC for frequency counter  (Read 4460 times)

Offline kinkydoints

• KN4SNM
    • View Profile
EICO 324- BNC for frequency counter
« on: February 05, 2019, 08:18:08 AM »
I have made a new acquisition of a old EICO 324 , kinda had the same thing go wrong as in Buddy's video, were the resistors on that switch burnt up. this seems to be an original looking, by the paper caps and older style geranium diode.   doing some looking found old64goat's video of putting a bnc in for use with frequency counter. I kinda got the impression that the type of capacitor for this was a silver mica ..for the frequency counter output. What is the theory behind the different kinds of uses? for different types of caps? were there is a ceramic disc 1000pf cap kinda doing the same thing for the same potentiometer. is it a voltage issue, or current?
KN4SNM

Offline kinkydoints

• KN4SNM
    • View Profile
Re: EICO 324- BNC for frequency counter
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 06:08:07 PM »
A question about this eico 324 . all worked out well with the build added a frequency counter -BNC to the unit to double check the count against the dial . On my scope the sine wave is not perfect but does do all the things it should do. OK my question, looking at a QRP kit , in the instructions are some diagrams of this unit called the pixie... for CW on 7.000MHz. on a page is a diagram showing the master oscillator circuit/ colpitts and the "power amplifier circuit"  in this circuit is what is described 
as a "pi-network output filter". for cleaning up the sine wave to the antenna on transmit...or the " key closed " this pi network filter looks fairly simple . would adding a filter to the eico 324's output have the same effect,by cleaning up it's waveform, in theory? might have more to deal with as far as multiple frequencies outputs.?? but if it were tuned for 455Khz. like most if cans ? ya im new at this .
KN4SNM